- You may not use the Swimmers Guide service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. International users agree to comply with all local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content.
- You must not modify, scrape, copy, adapt or hack Swimmers Guide or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with Swimmers Guide.
- You must not access Swimmers Guide's private API by any other means other than the Swimmers Guide application itself.
- You must not crawl, scrape, or otherwise cache any content from Swimmers Guide including but not limited to user profiles and photos.
- You must not create or submit unwanted email or comments to any Swimmers Guide members ("Spam").
- You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
- You must not, in the use of Swimmers Guide, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
- Violation of any of these agreements will result in the termination of your Swimmers Guide account. While Swimmers Guide prohibits such conduct and content on its site, you understand and agree that Swimmers Guide cannot be responsible for the Content posted on its web site and you nonetheless may be exposed to such materials and that you use the Swimmers Guide service at your own risk.
- We reserve the right to modify or terminate the Swimmers Guide service for any reason, without notice at any time.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
- We reserve the right to reclaim usernames on behalf of businesses or individuals that hold legal claim or trademark on those usernames.
Proprietary Rights in Content on Swimmers Guide
- Some of the Swimmers Guide Services are supported by advertising revenue and may display advertisements and promotions, and you hereby agree that Swimmers Guide may place such advertising and promotions on the Swimmers Guide Services or on, about, or in conjunction with your Content. The manner, mode and extent of such advertising and promotions are subject to change without specific notice to you.
- The Swimmers Guide Services contain Content of Swimmers Guide ("Swimmers Guide Content"). Swimmers Guide Content is protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other laws, and Swimmers Guide owns and retains all rights in the Swimmers Guide Content and the Swimmers Guide Services. Swimmers Guide hereby grants you a limited, revocable, non-sublicensable license to reproduce and display the Swimmers Guide Content (excluding any software code) solely for your personal use in connection with viewing the Site and using the Swimmers Guide Services.
- Except as provided within this Agreement, you may not copy, modify, translate, publish, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, display, or sell any Content appearing on or through the Swimmers Guide Services.
- Swimmers Guide performs technical functions necessary to offer the Swimmers Guide Services, including but not limited to transcoding and/or reformatting Content to allow its use throughout the Swimmers Guide Services.
- Although the Site and other Swimmers Guide Services are normally available, there will be occasions when the Site or other Swimmers Guide Services will be interrupted for scheduled maintenance or upgrades, for emergency repairs, or due to failure of telecommunications links and equipment that are beyond the control of Swimmers Guide. Also, although Swimmers Guide will normally only delete Content that violates this Agreement, Swimmers Guide reserves the right to delete any Content for any reason, without prior notice. Deleted content may be stored by Swimmers Guide in order to comply with certain legal obligations and is not retrievable without a valid court order. Consequently, Swimmers Guide encourages you to maintain your own backup of your Content. In other words, Swimmers Guide is not a backup service. Swimmers Guide will not be liable to you for any modification, suspension, or discontinuation of the Swimmers Guide Services, or the loss of any Content.
Site Ownership & Responsibility:
The Swimmers Guide domain and website are registered to and owned by Places2Swim, Inc., and operated by William J. ("Bill") Haverland, of Raleigh, North Carolina. Our name and email address appear on every page of the site. Additional contact information is available through the "Whois" domain name registrydatabase at VeriSign.com.